Friday, August 22, 2014

I will call upon your name...

What a week. I have just begin my THIRD year of college and I am totally loving it. Through it all, God has just definitely been busy dealing with me and teaching me to trust. Particularly, beyond my comfort zone. If you read my blogs, you know that I talked about how I asked for this season. A season where God taught me to trust him. Honestly, this has been the hardest season. Now I'm not complaining!! Sometimes, growth isn't the most pleasant thing to endure, but it's necessary. 


Typical first day of school picture, lol.


This past week it's like I had series of test. It started with financial issues in affording some of my books. If you know anything about college, you know that books are so expensive, and I really needed this particular book before classes started. I freaked out for a little while until the Holy Spirit checked me. Where was my faith? So, I quit worrying. I told God, just have your way. Do what YOU will. 

A few days later, a young lady gave me the book I needed for no cost. 

So after that moment, a had other several other issues come up.  I'm telling y'all it was like every time I thought I had my life in order, something else would happen. I was discouraged! I would think to myself, what is going on?! Am I just not focused? Am I doing something wrong? But I was instantly reminded of one of my favorite songs. Oceans by Hillsong.

"I will call upon your name and keep my eyes above the waves. When oceans rise, my soul will rest in your embrace, for I am yours and you are mine."

It hit me. There God was ministering to me in one line of a song. I am HIS and he is MINE. This statement remains true even if my world is falling, I feel hopeless, scared, discouraged, lost, WHATEVER the case may be. I am his. I am his child. He will PROTECT me. 

"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him because he acknowledges my name." Psalms 91:14

How could I have lost sight of the fact that I belong to Jesus? When you begin to focus more on this issue, rather than the problem solver, that can happen. When we refocus on Jesus and "keep our eyes above the waves" regardless of how big the storm is... we realize just how safe we are. Isn't it amazing to know that you don't go through storms alone? There's a man who's right here holding you hand the entire way through. It's amazing to know that even though the storm is racing over us and it looks like we're not gonna get through it, God's peace is hovering over us. God is saying, do you trust me? Do you trust me even through it looks like you may not make ? Do you trust me even though what I'm asking you to do feels uncomfortable? Do you trust even though it may hurt? Man, if we could only see what was on the other side of our obedience. If we could only see what lies ahead if we could just push through the fear of failure and the unknown. 




Release the fear. Trust God. 

xxoxo.
Courtney.  

No comments:

Post a Comment